Official Transcript Request Process
– You must have a signed Transcript Release Form on file for transcripts to be sent on your behalf to colleges, scholarship organizations, etc.
– When you are ready to request a transcript, visit Michelle. She will have you write down each college/scholarship for which you are applying and will collect a $1.00 fee for each location to which it is sent. When possible, your transcript will then be sent electronically and when not possible, a hard copy will be mailed by Michelle.
WKHS/Linworth Seniors: If you are applying to a school using the Common Application, you will request your transcript in the same manner described in the step described above and submit the electronic invitation through Common Application to your counselor at firstname.lastname@example.org. You also need to send electronic requests for letters of recommendation through Common App. and must use Linworth teachers’ @linworth.org addresses, when requesting from them. The transcript and letters of recommendation will then be uploaded to the Common Application website for submission.
TWHS/Linworth Seniors: If you are applying to a school using the Common Application you must complete your application and then log in to a program TWHS utilizes, called Naviance (http://connection.naviance.com/twhs) before transcripts and letters of recommendation requests can be sent. TWHS students must always use email@example.com.
– After you have submitted your Common Application and you are ready to request your transcript:
- Log into your Naviance account at http://connection.naviance.com/twhs
- Username and login are the same as our district logins
- “About Me” tab > “Profile” link at bottom of page > “Pencil” link and add the e-mail address you check every day
- Back home to “Colleges Tab” > “Colleges I’m Applying To” > “Add to this List” > “Lookup” to add a college to your list > Choose the application type (Regular Decision, Early Decision, Early Action) > Check the box “Request Transcript”, which will send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org > Check the box “I have Submitted My Application”
- Click “Add Colleges”
- If you are using Common App, complete the Common App Account Matching. If you are not using Common App. for any of your college applications, scroll down and click on “Not Needed”.
– Request letters of recommendations for Common App. schools:
Click on “Colleges” > “Letters of Recommendation” > “Add Request” > Click the dropdown menu and choose the teacher from the list (make sure you have personally asked this teacher prior to this request) > Add a personal note for the teacher > “Save”. This will send an email to the teacher’s @wscloud.org, stating your request and will add the request to the teacher’s Naviance account. It will also record that you have requested it in your Naviance account.