1. Linworth Work Day, which will include construction of the 2-liter bottle greenhouse, mulching, and work on the Labyrinth, is this Saturday, May 5, from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
This is a great opportunity for Linworth students to gather community services hours.
2. Our final Blood Drive is Tuesday, May 8. Please sign-up online at redcrossblood.org.
3. For Interim, 2019, we are hosting a trip to Paris, Normandy, and London. Please visit our Tour Website for more information about the itinerary, pricing, and links to enroll: www.eftours.com/2109962FF
4. Over the last two years, we have had a parent volunteer who has come in once or twice a week to work on updating assignments and helping a handful of kids get organized. First, thank you very much to Marya Kowal, who, although her last kid graduated a year ago, continues to give of her time and energy.
We’re now looking for a new School Parent or two. The job is relatively easy, but a little tricky. Essentially, we need you to be a parent: ask about grades, missing work, and upcoming assignments; help organize a planning book and the backpack; cheerleading with a little tough love. Kids are usually grateful, albeit a little coy; parents will love you.
If you’re interested, email me at email@example.com.
5. We could use a couple more volunteers for ice and hosting at the Senior recognition on Saturday, May 19. If you’d like to help, go to http://www.signupgenius.com/
6. Linworth yearbooks are now on sale at https://shop.smart-pay.com/
7. Want to help the Parent Board raise hundreds of dollars by doing very little? Simply add them as the benefactor to your Kroger, Target, and AmazonSmile accounts.
8. Miss an e-mail or want to find something quickly? Family E-mails is a new tab at the top of Linworth.org.
9. The Last Slave
Is That Dog (or Pig) on Your Flight Really a Service Animal?