1. Linworth Prom is Saturday, April 28, 8:00-10:30. The theme is the 70’s, but attendants may wear whatever they prefer. Admission is $5.
Prom still needs parent support in two ways:
a. We like to provide a room with free refreshments for the kids. If you can, please send in snacks or drinks this week or the day of the dance.
b. We need a few more parent chaperones. It’s a pretty easy gig. If you’re interested, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Seniors and Senior Parents:
a. If you would take a moment to write down your plans for after Linworth, college your planning to attend, taking a gap year, etc. and any awards, scholarships, grants that you have received and give this to Michelle.
b. The scholarship deadline for the Community Service, Legacy, and Wayne and Debbie Scholarships is next Friday, April 27th 11:59 pm. Nominate yourself or a friend! Forms are below.
3. Interim is next week. Interim sharing is the following Wednesday, May 2.
4. Parent Board is hosting to more events this year. First is the Staff Appreciation Lunch. If you’d like to learn more, go to http://www.signupgenius.com/
5. We encourage Linworth students and their families to explore post-secondary options in order to enhance confidence in the college decision-making process during senior year. Visit this link to learn about the college fair taking place April 21st at the Convention Center!
6. The final Worthington Cares Speaker series is fast approaching….much like the end of the school year! This months topic is A Panel Discussion on Non-Pharmacological Strategies To Correct The Cause Of Injuries And Pain. The discussion will be led by Dr. Julia Keiser, from Worthington Optimal Wellness. Dinner will be provided by St. John AME Church and if you attended the speaker series in February, you know the dinner they provide is DE-LICIOUS!! Ben Wilson will be providing fun activities for the youth as well.
Something new for this last event is that we are asking for attendees to consider bringing toiletry items as a donation to be given to the Worthington Resource Pantry. The pantry is in need of toilet paper, deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrushes, feminine hygiene products, shampoo, body soap, etc. We will have donation boxes set up outside of the auditorium.
Click HERE to register for the April 23rd. event! Please feel free to share this email and information. We hope to see you Monday, April 23 at Thomas Worthington.
7. GEORGE R.R. MARTIN ON THE ONE BOOK CHARACTER HE WOULD HAVE KEPT ON GAME OF THRONES
Leonardo’s Watery Chaos